Summer Library Program 2021 — Reading Colors Your World
Adult ages 19+ // Teens ages 13-18 // Children ages 0-12
Welcome to Dodge City Public Library’s 2021 Summer Library Program. This year’s theme is Reading Colors Your World. Participants can join the Dodge City Public Library’s program to win a variety of fun prizes. The more you read, the more prizes you can earn!
–Registration opens 5/1/2021
Register online at dcpl.info using Wandoo Reader or register in person with staff during your visit to Dodge City Public Library.
–Registration closes 7/9/2021
Begin logging your reading time on June 1 and until the end of the Summer Library Program on July 16.
Choose 1-way to log your reading time throughout the program!
–Online using Wandoo Reader (See links below for each age group)
–Paper log (picked up during your library visits between 6/1 through 7/15)
Beginning June 1, log all of your reading time completed through July 16, using your chosen method. For online, you’ll use Wandoo Reader to track your progress via computer. Computers at the library will be available for logging in and tracking your time.
Completed reading logs must be submitted online in Wandoo Reader or returned to library staff no later than Saturday 7/17/2021 at 5:00pm to be counted towards prizes.
Ways to Win
- Register to participate in the Dodge City Summer Library Program
- Earn a prize for every 140 minutes you read — An easy way to do this is to read 20 minutes every day; within a week, you will have read 140 minutes enough to win something each week! Help us meet our community reading goal of 980 minutes for every participant!
- Attend library programs — see dcpl.info or library Facebook posts for more information.
- Participate in weekly library challenges — see dcpl.info or library Facebook posts for more information.
- Prizes will be awarded for Top 10 readers in every age group (children 0-12 / teen 13-18 / adult 19+).
- BONUS LOG: For the avid readers, there is an opportunity to read more and exceed the community reading goal of 980 minutes. Continue to read and log your minutes beyond 1000+ minutes on the Bonus Log for the chance to become a Top 10 summer library reader for each age section.
–Logged Reading Minutes–
2021 Summer Library Program ends officially on Friday July 16 at 6:00pm. We are allowing a 1-day grace period to complete reading log submissions by Saturday, July 17 at 5:00pm. No late log entries will be accepted after July 17 at 5:00pm. Prize winners will be determined by Tuesday, July 20.
Participants using Wandoo Reader will be alerted when they are eligible to claim reading goal prizes.
To claim prizes, please come to the Children’s Department Circulation Desk, located on the lower level. Winners may also be notified via email between July 20 and July 29 to claim prizes. The last day for winners to claim prizes is July 30.
Thank you and may reading color your world with a variety of experiences and diverse perspectives this summer.